Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 00:27:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   is fsdb nice ?

Dumb question: Is fsdb `Nice' ?
A customer phoned me, out of the blue, & in a rush, he's turning up tomorrow
morning with a garbled Sun disk,
& I'm supposed to repair it (software), by yesterday preferably :-).
Haven't looked at FSs in a long time, knew the V7, half know ffs,
presume sun is ffs (no i don't know if this is slowlaris or the other),
just hope it'll be compatible with fsdb.
Is fsdb the best tool, is it `nice' or `horrid',
should I be grabbing or porting other tools ?

I'm half through reading /usr/share/doc/smm/05.fastfs/paper.ascii.gz
The there's page 265 on of the red 4.4 BSD book, all all before
breakfast ... no chance really :-)
Anyway tips or further RTFM refs all welcome :-)
Sorry to be unread, & not have fully researched everything,
came as a suprise rush job to me,

PS plse. leave me on the cc line, I've just sent subscribe to 'domo
but it'll take a while to occur.
Thanks

Julian
---
Julian H. Stacey	<jhs@freebsd.org>	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/
	`Music On Hold' phone systems disrupt concentration.