Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:49:01 -0700
From:      Jim Mattson <jmattson@cup.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   MS-DOS file system issues

I see that fixing the MS-DOS file system is a high priority task, but
just exactly how broken is it?  I mount most of my logical DOS drives
ro out of paranoia, but I've got one small throw-away partition
mounted rw for pushing things over to the Win95 world.  I keep waiting
for it to eat my data, and it hasn't happened yet.

I would like to see Win95 long filename support, and I'd be willing
to work on that, but are there more fundamental flaws that I'm
missing?

Thanks,

--jim