Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 02:00:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Lixfeld <jlixfeld@idirect.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing a new disk..

Hey!

	I'm a devoted Linux user (due to an already existing Linux
network), but I am discovering very quickly some of Linux' limitations
which FreeBSD seems to handle better, or period!  I'm playing with a new
4 machine proxy concept which will hopefully (depending on the support I
get) consist of one Master Proxy machine, and 3 diskless* proxy slaves (*
= diskless except for either 2 x 2.5GB or 1 x 5GB local cache drive(s)).

	Currently, I am still in the process of setting up the master
machine.  I have the system installed (It was not the first one I have
installed, so that went off without a hitch), however in attempting to add
a second drive, I am getting somewhat confused as to the order in which to
run certain commands to create & newfs two partitions on the cache drives.
After reading much documentation, I decided to take the easy way out, and
re-run /stand/sysinstall to try to partition the disk. Here is what I did:

0. /stand/sysinstall
1.  Selected option 7
2.  Selected option 2
3.  Selected wd2
4.  (C)reated slice using all space on disk (used 165 partition type)
5.  (W)rote changes
6.  (N)o boot manager
7.  "Wrote FDISK partition information out successfully."
8.  (Q)uit back to "Choose Custom Installation Options"
9.  Selected option 3
10. (C)reated wd2s1e partition.
11. Selected (F)ile system
12. Selected /mnt2 as mount point
13. Repeated steps 10 - 12 for wd2s1f partition (mounted on /mnt3).
14. (W)rote the changes

	Received the following error for each partition:

Error mounting /dev/wd2s1e on /mnt2 : Invalid argument
Error mounting /dev/wd2s1e on /mnt3 : Invalid argument

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance,

Jason Lixfeld