Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 04:15:00 -0700
From:      Suk Tsang <suk@eznetwork.com>
To:        dave@illumen.net
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email store-and-forward + SMTP finger

Dave Richards wrote:

> Hi All,
>  I've heard that sendmail can be configured to do store-and-forward of
> email for people/orgs who have a mail server without a full time
> internet connection. example: company with a mail server in-house and a
> dialup ISDN line. I know POP3 could be used in a situation like this but
> alot of folks are asking for store-and-forward these days. Is this
> right? Does anyone know where to start? A search of the FreeBSD mailing
> list archives turned a blank.

bah bah bah ...

Let me point you in the right direction:

Go to www.sendmail.org, under the FAQ, read the "Virtual Hosting ..."
page,
pick up just that part you want. Don't miss the "etrn.pl" thing,
although
the syntax shown there is incorrect.

Check out the FreeBSD handbook, try the online one. Under "Electronic
Mail:
FAQ:How can I ... PPP host?", at the end of the outdated material there
is
a neat trick you may want to use.