Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 08:02:55 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://rah.star-gate.com/HyperNews/get/forums/sound.html

Amancio Hasty:
 |You can also  get to the web page via http://rah.star-gate.com/
 |
 |I started building a HyperNews archive for the sound driver .
 |This is just a test round if people like the general setup then
 |I will start loading up the web page. Also pending upon the success
 |I may do one for the Bt848 project.

Looks nice.  I've been looking for a decent search engine to archive a few
lists I'm on for me (inc the multimedia list), and this one looks like it
deserves a look.

I'm assuming that this will auto-grab relevent messages posted to the
multimedia mailing list.  I don't want to have to bring up Netscape/lynx to
go browse for new articles and to post responses regularly.  There traffic
is low enough on multimedia that there really isn't utility in splitting it
up into separate lists anyway, SMTP or HTTP hosting aside.

But for searching and browsing past articles posted to the multimedia list
as a whole, this would be a nice interface.

Randall