Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 05:54:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Timothy J Kniveton <tim@CMU.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   PNP/Sound Help?

Hi.  I am running an ASUS TX97-XE mainboard with an onboard Creative
Labs Vibra-16X (Soundblaster 16) chip.  It is a PNP beast, which is my
difficulty in using it with FreeBSD.

I have been trying to find a good source of information on configuring
PNP-only devices with FreeBSD (maybe there is no such thing).  It
seems that occasionally, the settings of the card will change.  I can
get some of the devices recognized, but some, especially the 16-bit
DSP, do not work.

Can someone please recommend the best way to get this thing to work?
Direct E-mail is fine.

-tim