Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 1997 01:10:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/2921: wide-dhcp client doesn't work because of byte-ordering problems

The following reply was made to PR ports/2921; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To: m-braithwaite@sjca.edu
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 01:04:39 -0800

 I believe mab@sjca.edu scribbled this message on Mar 8:

 > >Synopsis:       wide-dhcp client doesn't work because of byte-ordering problems
 > >Environment:
 > wide-dhcp 1.3beta port from ports-current, and ISC DHCPd 5.14beta (i
 > think...)

 hmm... this port seems to work for me on -current...  I believe there was a
 byte ordering problem in bpf that was fixed...  can you confirm that this
 problem exists in 2.2 or -current??

 basicly the ports tree is designed for -current systems...  so their patches
 and behavior will reflect that...

 if you don't have any problems I'll close the pr...

 --
 John-Mark

 gurney_j@efn.org
 http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
 Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

 Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)