Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 00:19:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Stein <joes@seaport.net>
To:        asami@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help!!! :) Trying to make a new port

I'm trying to create a port for QuickPage.

I've got it mostly complete, but can't figure out how to make the
install: target work as desired.

The distribution Makefile (from the tarball) doesn't include an
install: target, so I thought I'd read through bsd.port.mk and
some of the other Makefiles in the ports tree.

I'm either really dense, or am not remembering my elementary CS-121
class...

Basically, after the build, I need to be able to put
qpage
in /usr/local/bin
and
qpage.man
in /usr/local/man/man1/qpage.1.gz

right?

So, I thought... (source Makefile)

install: $(PROG)
	${INSTALL_PROGRAM} $(PROG) ${PREFIX}/bin/$(PROG)
	${INSTALL_MAN} $(PROG).man ${PREFIX}/man/man1/$(PROG).1
	gzip -9 ${PREFIX}/man/man1/$(PROG).1

Do you have a clue for me?

Thanks in advance...