Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 1997 01:26:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Tiemann <btman@pacific.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports that seem to require libXext.so.6.1

	Hi--

	Just a note I wanted to bring up: Certain packages, like ytalk and
emacs, are listed and available as ports for FreeBSD... I know these
programs don't require X, but when I install them as packages from
/stand/sysinstall, they complain about needing libXext.so.6.1 when I run
them.
	Installing them as ports, some (like ytalk) insist that they need
X11 installed for them to compile. Others (like emacs) will compile. My
machine is a headless box that will never run graphics; I just thought I
ought to bring this point up so you might put up an appropriate warning
for those ports that can't be fixed, and possibly look into a fix for
those which can be fixed...?

	Thanks-- I appreciate it!

Brian