Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 10:27:05 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD SCSI list)
Subject:   Re: Tape Backup Drive Not working.

As Richard Tobin wrote:

> > Hmm.  I wonder if there's any reason to _not_ set the PF bit by
> > default?
>
> Well, as you say, all SCSI-2 devices should be happy with it.

So we only need to know which drives wouldn't grok it.  Since people
usually tend to not respond to surveys of this kind, it's probably the
only `solution' to bring in the change, and see who would complain.

The Archive Viper 150 is already in the quirks, i would probably
better add an entry for the Wangtek 5150ES in advance (and also one
for the older 5099?).  Does anybody have experiences with the Wangtek
5525ES?  Does it claim to be SCSI-2 or SCSI-1?

--
cheers, J"org