Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:27:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   DPT Driver for FreeBSD

Hi Y'all

I apologize for the cross-posting, but really wanted to make sure all
interested parties see this brief note.

I have applied the DPT driver to the latest -current kernel.  This was done
to reflect the splcam changes.

The patch, now available on ftp://sendero-ppp.i-connect..net/crash as
dpt_1.2.5-current.patch was tested by running it on sendero for 24 hours
and running it through our normal regression suite.  It passed with flying
colors.  We have not applied any metrics yet.  Performance testing will
come later this week.

IMPORTANT AVAILABILITY NOTE:

As both myself and my employer are going through a review process,
evaluating our policy in regards to the FreeBSD project, please note and
respect the following:

The availability of the driver on an anonymous FTP server, without password
checking (or other security measures), is not to be interpreted as
publishing the software, nor donating it to the FreeBSD project, nor
relinquishing any right to it.

Those of you who have an interest in this software, please drop me a note
and I will make it available to you.

If you have any comments on this issue, please contact me directly.

Thanx!

---

Sincerely Yours,                               (Sent on 23-Sep-97, 10:47:38
by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro                                                Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net          Voice:  503.643.5559, Emergency: 503.799.2313