Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 03:31:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        ache@nagual.ru (=?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?=)
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION: Initial state of random pool

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.970328030657.521D-100000@nagual.ru> you wrote:
> 4a) We need remove rndcontrol from rc.i386 (leaving it as user-land
> utility) and add all interrupts to kernel config file, i.e.
> something like:
> option	RAND_INTS	"5 7 10 11"
> or something more suitable.

I think it's much better to have them specified per-device.
Having PCI cards in the system (for network and disk, which are
both good sources of entropy) means that I have to maintain
driver-to-IRQ mapping in sync by carefully looking at dmesg output ;-)
And it can change even if I swap slots for the cards.

hmm, how it would work in presence of PCI irq sharing?