Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 15:50:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   SHA-1 encryption for crypt()

Just curious, I am the one who is crufting up crypt(), and I'm (and have
been) near committing it for a while, but I've been trying to dig up more
information on SHA-1 encryption.  I havn't even been able to hear back
from the author of the library I'm using!  (Paul Kocher wrote the library,
and his web pages are at http://www.cryptography.com).

I would like to dig up more information on SHA-1 encryption, before I
commit it.  Anybody who can help would be greatly appreciated.  In the
meantime I may just integrate blowfish too..

-Brandon Gillespie