Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 09:24:12 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP Filter Port

I've created a FreeBSD port of IP Filter 3.2beta7 and have placed it in
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/ip_fil3.2beta7-port.tar.gz and
ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/inbound/ip_fil3.2beta7-port.tar.gz.  It's not a
perfect port, so I'd like to receive some feedback about it's ease of use and
any problems you may have with it before I approach the FreeBSD team to have
it included in the Ports Collection.

The main reason for this port is that I'm involved with installing IP Filter
on some Suns at work.  To become more familiar with IP Filter, I've decided to
install it on my FreeBSD boxes at home.  The port will make it easier to
deinstall if I need to.

UNIX Support                   OV/VM:  BCSC02(CSCHUBER)
ITSD                          BITNET:  CSCHUBER@BCSC02.BITNET
Government of BC            Internet:  cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca
                                       Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca

		"Quit spooling around, JES do it."