Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 10:55:16 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   -current will be flaky

Hi,

I thought all the people in the SMP world should know about this:

From: "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 10:16:06 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Warning to -current *PLEASE READ*

I am getting alot of pressure to commit the Lite/2 kernel changes.  That
pressure is justifiable, and so, in order to expedite our progress, I will
be committing the changes starting at 21:00 EST, or 02:00 GMT.

The kernel will likely be unstable (esp EXT2FS, MSDOSFS) until we have
done enough testing.  Get your snapshot NOW if you want a stable kernel.

It will likely be at least 2wks before -current is stable enough for general
use again.

Sorry for the late warning.

John Dyson
dyson@freebsd.org