Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 21:53:09 -0500
From:      Randall D DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   postgresql build failure on SMP machine

Greetings,

I posted this to -current last night but I should have posted it
here as I was able to successfully install it on a Uniprocessor
-current machine at work today.  Any ideas why it won't work on
SMP???

In trying to install the postgresql port the install fails with the
following...

initdb: creating template database in
/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
Failed Assertion("!VfdCache[0].lruMoreRecently != 0):(null)", File:
"fd.c", Line:
389)
!(VfdCache[0].lruMoreRecently != 0) (0)
Abort trap - core dumped
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

The system is -current (SMP) as of 4 PM  5/18

Any ideas?

Thanks

Randy DuCharme