Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 1997 11:45:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marc Williams <security@tomco.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ultra 5 & 10 workstations are on the way. (from the SunWorld Editor) (fwd)

Marcus R. Williams, Jr.
security@tomco.net
ISP Programmer / Engineer

---------- Forwarded message ----------

	      SunWorld: The Unix Professional's Power Tool
		      http://www.sunworld.com

Dear SunWorld Subscriber:

Sun isn't saying anything officially (or releasing any details), but
it's expected to announce two new workstations on January 13,
1998 -- the Ultra 5 and Ultra 10. Find out what we've heard.

http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-12-1997/swol-12-sunspots.html

Also, in case you missed all the kerfluffle about Sun's recent deal
to port Solaris to Intel's next-generation IA-64 platform, you can
read about it here. Pundits are saying it may spell the end of
SPARC. Sun says no way.

http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-12-1997/swol-12-merced.html

OK, so you know about ISDN. But how well? Do you know the difference
between its two flavors, basic rate interface and primary rate
interface? Though this technology has its detractors, SunWorld
columnist Rawn Shah says it's here to stay. So you might as well
learn about it.

http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-12-1997/swol-12-connectivity.html

Another of our columnists, Adrian Cockroft, covers Sun's updated
Symbol Engine (SE3.0) release in Solaris 2.6. Find out what's new.

http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-12-1997/swol-12-perf.html

Happy holidays,
Robert McMillan
Senior Editor