Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:11:59 +0000
From:      "A.P.Ivanov" <ivanov@nfsun1.jinr.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache hangs system

Hi,

I'm in deep trouble after upgrading to 2.2.1-RELEASE.(from2.1.5)
Now apache sometimes hang the system. No logs, no dumps, machine
just freezes so I have to reset it. Besides sometimes (very rare)
postgres server behaves strange. I had suspicion that something wrong
with SYSVSHM,IPC,SEM because postgres client sometimes couldn't
connect to server complaing about SV semaphores. Besides I tested
linux's httpd and it worked but complained about the same thing
on start. Unfortunately linux's httpd died at last too (and hangs
machine also). But it holded on much longer that native one.
I tested old apache(1.1.3) with no luck. I just can't think of
anything, the only way is either downgrade to 2.1.5 (which was
rock solid for half year) or close http.

 Any suggestions?

--

 Alexander P. Ivanov            mailto:ivanov@nf.jinr.ru
 FLNP JINR                      http://iren.jinr.ru/~ivanov