Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 04:16:28 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        arg1197@arg1.demon.co.uk, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/2573 - NFS hangs with mmap()

>The above PR - apparently fixed in current a long time ago - still
>appears to be present in 2.2-stable.
>
>Any advice would be appreciated - I don't know how to find the
>changes that corresponded to the closing of the PR with a view
>to putting them in 2.2 (other than doing a brute force search
>of the CVS repository for likely checkin messages).

The PR is referenced properly at least in the main fix, so the
following was easy to find (there was also a useful date in
the closure message for the PR - everything was done right
except for closing it while it was open in 2 branches).

---
dfr         1997/05/19 07:36:57 PDT

  Modified files:
    sys/kern             vfs_bio.c
    sys/nfs              nfs.h nfs_bio.c nfs_vnops.c nfsnode.h
    sys/vm               vm_fault.c vnode_pager.c
  Log:
  Fix a few bugs with NFS and mmap caused by NFS' use of b_validoff
  and b_validend.  The changes to vfs_bio.c are a bit ugly but hopefully
  can be tidied up later by a slight redesign.

  PR:		kern/2573, kern/2754, kern/3046 (possibly)
  Reviewed by:	dyson

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.116     +102 -50   src/sys/kern/vfs_bio.c
  1.27      +2 -2      src/sys/nfs/nfs.h
  1.38      +83 -2     src/sys/nfs/nfs_bio.c
  1.50      +5 -4      src/sys/nfs/nfs_vnops.c
  1.21      +2 -1      src/sys/nfs/nfsnode.h
  1.69      +2 -2      src/sys/vm/vm_fault.c
  1.71      +6 -1      src/sys/vm/vnode_pager.c
---

Good luck merging the parts of this that apply to -stable (if any) :-).

I have a small uncommitted fix - some min's and max's in the vfs_bio.c
part should be qmin's and qmax's.  File access at offsets >= 4GB is
probably broken.

Bruce