Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 07:12:50 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Docs inadequate for the new breed?

About twice a month I run into a newbie with no freebsd or unix
experience who believes that freebsd-current is what they should
be running in order to have the latest greatest version.

More and more often I encounter people who believe they can improve
their system by simply plugging in a kernel from a different version.

Perhaps the warnings we give about these two errors were adequate
in the old days, but are going right over the heads of the new
breed of hand-held win95 and she'll-be-right Linux refugees?

What do others think? Can we, or should we, make clearer warnings
in more places?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-