Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 00:40:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Farshidoo <farshidoo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Is LFS operational?

Hi everybody,

I installed FreeBSD on my computer and tried to use its LFS.
I created a file system by newlfs and mounted it by mount_lfs
commands. When I tried to touch(1) a file in that file system
it stopped and the process remained in 'D+' state. Then I
noticed that in one of man pages is written that LFS has problem
in FreeBSD. Is it right?

What about FFS and its relation with UFS? Is UFS based on FFS?
If yes, what is the difference between them?

Any comment is appreciated.
--Farshid