Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 98 05:18:40 -0400
From:      wayne@msen.com
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-install@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install problems with FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE

Trying to from-scratch via-ftp install 2.2.7 and seeing an odd
problem.  Most of the way through the process an error occurs.  The
screen says something like "if this is repeatable send mail".  While
it's repeatable (takes about 40 minutes to get there so we only did it
3 times), instead of pausing at this point, the machine reboots so fast
after printing this that the message is not easily read.

Since it is fairly late in the installation process, enough has been
installed to bring the machine up but SOMEthing is not right here.

I'm going to try again tommorrow and see if I can note exactly
where in the installation proccess this occurs.  The box is not out of
disk space on any partitions.

It's a 256MB 300MHz P-II running the install floppy from the ftp site.

/\/\ \/\/