Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 1998 14:04:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Damon Anton Permezel <dap@damon.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   beta1 for jdk115 available

ftp://freebsd.org/pub/dap/jdk115 contains beta1 of the JDK port.

>From the README.dap:

=-=
Thu Jan  1 13:46:17 CST 1998

jdk115b1.tar.gz fixes two bugs in the previous b0 version.

1.  Sockets should work (better).
2.  Multicast should work (better).
3.  Filesystem perms should be better.

Folks who picked up the first copy should be able to pick up just the
somelibs_b1.tar.gz, but I have not tested this.

I have had to back out of an approach to the port which means that certain
I/O operations are performed via a busy-wait poll loop.  Sockets based
applications are expected to suffer most from this.
Hopefully, this will be fixed in the next beta.
=-=

Thanks to those brave souls who used this and reported back bugs.

Enjoy!