Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 16:41:07 +0200
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@interbizz.se>
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        kaj@interbizz.se
Subject:   Q: AppletContext.showDocument(URL, String)

Hello!

Is there a way to tell applet viewer what to do with calls to
AppletContext.showDocument in the applet viewer? In a browser it's
straightforward, but in an applet viewer we need to tell a browser to
fetch and show the URL (e.g. via Netscape 'remote-control').

In case there is a way, this is a query for how-do-I-use-it, otherwise
it's a request to add such a feature ... The documentation for
jdk-1.1.6 seems to say that such a feature is at least intended:

-- snip --
 public abstract void showDocument(URL url,
                                   String target)

    Requests that the browser or applet viewer show the Web page
    indicated by the url argument. The target argument indicates in
    which HTML frame the document is to be displayed. The target
    argument is interpreted as follows:
-- snip --

This sounds like a problem that need to be solved 'natively' (i.e. not
in the part of the API that is written in java) ...

// Rasmus

--
kaj@cityonline.se --------------- Rasmus Kaj - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
 \               CityOnLine IB Production AB - http://www.CityOnLine.se/