Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:39:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@postamt1.charite.de>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Java & VNC

Hi !

I'm using the vnc-tool with which I'm able to get a Windows 95/NT Screen
onto my X11-Display. The binary version works quite well, but I think
the better solution would be to do it in a browser window.

So there's a JAVA version of vnc. It has a makefile because it's just
the source. I tried to compile it with kaffe and guavac but nothing
worked. So maybe anyone has the class-files (.jar) anywhere ? Or maybe
I forgot to setup something ? Do I need to get the JDK from Sun ?

I only have the classes from netscape and I'm totally new to
compiling JAVA (BTW, I don't understand why they give it out as JAVA source
because as binaries it should anyway run anywhere because of the binary
compatibility, am I right ?).

Bye,
	Udo

--