Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 16:23:29 -0700
From:      Christopher Carde <christopher.carde@Sun.COM>
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Your Java Port

Hello,

I'm currently overhauling the listing of Java Software ports.
Circumstances have forced us to refine our definition of a Java port to
include only our commercial and non-commercial licensees. We must do
this to avoid an implied endorsement of an implementation that is not
held by license to certain compatibility guidelines.

Our non-commercial licensee list contains only contact email addresses
-- not product names -- and so I'm unable to confirm whether your
FreeBSD port is based on a non-commercial license.

Could you please confirm that the FreeBSD port is not a clean-room
implementation and that you do hold a non-commercial license to the Java
source code? Also, could you please provide the email address under
which your license was obtained?

Thanks!
Chris
--