Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:09:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      Malte Lance <malte.lance@gmx.net>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        gatto@widesoft.com.br, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JIT on FreeBSD

On 30 Oct, Nate Williams wrote:
>> Does anyone know where I can find a JIT for JDK1.1.6 (or tell me there
>> isn't one yet...)?
>
> There isn't one for unix.

c't 21, 12.10. - 25.10.98, p. 63 (bottom right):
"JIT-Sources available
 MetroWerks has published the source-code of their
 CodeWarrior Just in Time Compiler (JIT) for Linux/PowerPC
 (http://www.metrowerks.com/). The license-conditions are
 nearly the same as the SUN JDK license-conditions and
 make the explicit statement that a porting to other platforms
 like Linux/Intel is allowed. The developergroup Blackdown
 (http://www.blackdown.org), which made the JDK-Linux-port,
 will work on the porting."

[sorry for my stone-washed german/english-translation]

Is it a hoax ?

Malte.

> Nate

Malte Lance.