Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:56:04 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Latest discoveries...

Hi everyone,

I've been out of the loop for a couple days trying to get the "perfect"
hard drive configuration and slice/partition sizes for BSD and my other
OS's (it ain't gonna happen, but I've finally gotten as close as possible,
and I'm sick to death of reinstalling OS's - if I never go through another
OS installation routine for the rest of my life (yeah, right) I'd be
delighted at this point).

My latest BSD discoveries:

(1) The BSD nearest equivalent of "deltree" in DOS (rm -f -r *)

(2) How to format, label, create a new filesystem on, mount and unmount
floppy disks, so I can backup important config files.  Information on
request :-)

Since I'm offering information, I'll take the risk of asking a question as
well, since the two balance each other out...

Still need to know:  How to use multiple commands in csh aliases.  For
example, in .cshrc, there are alias lines letting you set up your own
commands.  I haven't been able to figure out how to execute more than one
command at a time using an alias.  I want to be able to format, label and
mount a floppy disk in one operation, but everything I've tried as far as
setting an alias like "dofloppy" that performs those three operations has
failed.  I've had to break them up into separate aliases.  Any clues from
csh experts out there?  If not, I'll try freebsd-questions next.

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.