Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 00:14:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ben Gardiner <ben@QueerNet.ORG>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help on modems

Need help installing modems.

First, I cannot find any documentation on this.  Please
tell me where to look.

My immediate background is BSD 2.1, which I still have on
another machine here -- the one I am using at this moment,
which dials-up to queernet.org where there is BSD 3.0.

The situation is this:  my FreeBSD system shares with
Windows95.  Windows95 can call out with no difficulty.
So I know the modem is working all right and the port is
configured okay.  Must be something wrong with how I have
the FreeBSD modem software configured.

On the FreeBSD side, I can call out, receive login prompt,
enter my login, but I cannot enter the password on the
remote machine.  Screen freezes up and I have to exit using ~.

Neither the FreeBSD hardcopy handbook nor the on-line
man pages reveal anything to me about this problem.

Ben

From:  Ben Gardiner

Return address:
ben@aidsinfobbs.org
fax 1-415-626-9415                 voice 1-415-626-1245
manager and editor of AIDS Info BBS since July 25, 1985
homepage for AIDS:   http://aidsinfobbs.org
homepage for BOOKS:  http://sibyllineofbooks.com
homepage for PLAYS:  http://playwrights.org