Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 09:30:58 +0200
From:      Remi BONDOIN <rbondoin@club-internet.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP problem freebsd installation

Hi,

I'm sorry to insist but i 'm always locked during the installation (ppp
connection).

Following to the response from Steve Freidrich about ppp,
 i'm try:

ppp ON > ATDT 0836061318
Warning : addt : Invalid command
Warning : addt : Failed 1

The help says to use the "term" command, so:

ppp ON > term
Phase: bundle : Establish
Phase : deflink : closed -> opening
deflink : Entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa0

This command seems to initialize the terminal...

I also find the commands dial, open but the args are remote hosts (dial
0836061318 failed, invalid label).

Do you have any idea?

   REMI BONDOIN

PS : I have an external US Robotic modem.