Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 01:45:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        freebsd@bug.fe.up.pt
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI host adapter...

 * Hi.

Hi.  Please don't post your mail to two lists (and don't send it twice
next time :).

 * Which SCSI host adapter should I buy? I was thinking about
 * the Adaptec 2940UW but it is soooo expensive here (aprox.
 * $330) that I thought about the ASUS PCI-SC875 (Symbios
 * Logic 53C875) which is much cheaper. Which one performs
 * better?

About the same if you have one or two drives.  If you have a lot of
drives, the 2940UW will probably perform better.

Satoshi