Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 1998 15:52:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jumper-setting for SONY SDT-7000

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Malte Lance wrote:

> Does anyone have detailed info on the meaning of the
> jumpers "DC Disable" and "Terminator Power" for the
> SONY SDT-7000 ?

Hm.

>From the Sony web page
http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/storage/faqs/dat.html#1:

 How does one set the SCSI ID, termination,
                     term power, or parity on the SDT-5000/5200
                     tape drive?

                         Please refer to the SDT-5000/5200 Jumper
                     Setting document. A FAX copy of the SDT-
                     5000/5200 Jumper Settings document can be
                     obtained by calling the Sony FAX Retrieval System
                     at 1-800-883-7669, document 5761.

That might explain `DC Disable'.  I'm tempted to think `Data Compression
Disable'.  `Terminator Power' selects the source of terminator power; it
should be set to come from the SCSI Bus.