Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:18:24 -0500
From:      "Nguyen HM (Mike)" <NguyenHM@ucarb.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PowerDomain 2940UW

Hi,

This is a kind of off-the-wall question, but it is scsi and FreeBSD
related, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I have a PowerDomain 2940UW, which is the Macintosh version of the
2940UW. This means that it has Mac firmware. Seeing as how I no longer
have a Mac (though I want one of those new iMacs pretty bad), I would
like to use it in my FreeBSD box.

My question is, if I have a copy of the latest (1.25) firmware for Intel
platforms, will I get a working card if I flash the PowerDomain 2940UW?
Has anyone tried this? I asked Adaptec twice, the first time the guy was
very non-committal, the second guy implied that it would work. Has
anyone tried this? Does anyone have any information about the PCI
architecture, etc., which might clue me in as to whether it would work
or not?

I'd like some feedback before I render a $200 card useless (not that it
kinda isn't already useless now).

Thanks,
Mike.

   // Mike Nguyen
  //  Unix Systems Analyst and Geek
 //   Union Carbide Corporation * (281) 212-8073
//    nguyenhm@ucarb.com * mikenguyen@sprintmail.com (personal)