Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 07:37:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        javier@kjsl.com (Javier Henderson)
Cc:        chris@u2.todiefor.com, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question

> Christopher J Ceska writes:
>
>  > What would be a good method to have two servers run the same passwd file?
>
> 	Run VMS?
>
> 	Oh, sorry, wrong crowd.
>
> 	Seriously, has anyone thought about writing something
> equivalent to VMS clusters? This is not a veiled attempt at starting a
> my-os-is-better-than-yours war. Maybe something useful could come of
> an educated discussion of the advantages of VMS clusters.

We would kill for the equivlent of the VMS DLM (Distributed Lock Manager)
and the required mods to the SCSI code to pass DLM messages accross
an UW SCSI bus.  Our clients would also kill for it!!!

Yes, we have thought about it, no we can't fund it, yes, we would use it!

> -jav, VMS geek, FreeBSD apprentice

- rwg, VMS, Domain/OS, AOS/VS, etc, etc Geek

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD