Date:      08 Feb 1999 20:36:19 +0100
From:      Artur Grabowski <art@stacken.kth.se>
To:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley-185-205.res.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-afs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: arla 0.21..

Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley-185-205.res.iastate.edu> writes:

> I was happy to see that arla actually supports 4.0 now and works as
> a kld..  A couple problems aside, it seems to work.
>
> First of all, it causes a kernel fault if used with a SMP kernel.

*mumble* arla-drinkers@stacken.kth.se is the correct place to report
bugs in Arla.. We will not bite you and if you are lucky maybe we will be
able to fix the bug. ;)

> Second, the FreeBSD kafs library is does not work so it is not
> possible to get tokens.  It would be nice if we had this working
> as well as an AFS tuneable in make.conf like OpenBSD.  Perhaps
> just steal their stuff relating to this..

I think it would be a bad idea beacuse I have integrated Arla into OpenBSD
and libkafs in OpenBSD is almost completly rewritten (we now have a real
syscall and don't have to assume that we got 210 in the lkm installation).

But you can steal libkafs from OpenBSD 2.3. It should work without
modifications on FreeBSD.

//art