Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:51:19 +0800
From:      "Stanislav Posonsky" <posonsky@braz.ru>
To:        <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help to run OCI FreeBSD program

    Hi!
    I'd installed Oracle8 for Linux and made a very simple OCI program
(olog -> oopen -> sleep(2) -> oclose -> ologof) as a test under FreeBSD
3.0.0-SNAP-19981225. But it does not run. This is like following (as I
remember):

    %mkdir /usr/xperiment
    %cp a_program /usr/xperiment/
    %cd /usr/xperiment
    %./a_program
    _some_binary_: unable to find _this_shared_library_
    %cp /_path_/_this_shared_library_ `pwd`/
    %ldconfig `pwd`
    %./a_program
    _some_binary_: unable to find _another_shared_library_
    %cp /_path_/_another_shared_library_ `pwd`/
    %ldconfig `pwd`
        .
        .
        .
    %./a_program
    _some_another: in libnsl.so.1 undefined reference to
"__pthread_mutex_lock"

    Later I found all Linux shared libraries which content this symbol and
copied they to the /usr/xperiment, ran brandelf and ldconfig. But result was
the same.

    If anybody knows how to solve this sorrow, I'd like to be helped.

Bye,
mailto:posonsky@braz.ru