Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:05:20 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A new package fetching utility, pkg_get

At 26/09/99, you wrote:
>The second script is called "pkg_rm"; it can be used to delete
>packages like pkg_delete, but you can use arguments in the same
>way as for pkg_ls above (i.e. "pkg_rm lynx").  Think of it like
>pkg_info | grep | pkg_delete.
>
>It might more sense to implement these features in pkg_info and
>pkg_delete, resprectively, but I don't have the time to do that
>(and these scripts work fine, so I have no incentive to bother
>with the C sources of pkg_{info,delete}).

What about to extend the pkg_delete to use a syntax like :

pkg_delete /var/db/pkg/netscape-communicator-4.61/

it can help so much everyone that can automagically complete file/path
names with the shell :-)

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it