Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:05:10 -0400
From:      John Soward <soward@uky.edu>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   new site reccomendations, suggestions?

Hello,
	We use FreeBSD extensively here at UK, and thus would like to have a
local mirror. I belive we have enough resources to provide a public
mirror as well, we have a 10Mbs link to UUNET, 2 bonded t1s to BBN, a
45Mbs vBNS link, plus several in-state links of various speeds.
	The system I have, however, is a Sparc Ultra-5 with ~40G of free space
running RHL6 -- unless someone can convince me that FreeBSD for an
Ultra-5 is viable ;-)

My questions are:
	Would a public mirror (ftp/http/sup/etc?) in my geograpical/net-topo
area be welcomed/needed?
	Is it possible to mirror via rsync or is there a tip to get cvsup going
on Ultra-Sparc Linux?
	 -- Or is US-BSD ready (topic for another list)?
thanx,
--
John Soward
Lead Systems Programmer, Technical Services, University of Kentucky