Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:08:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        archie@whistle.com (Archie Cobbs)
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG, isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: If they US contingent wants ISDN4BSD...

Archie Cobbs wrote:

> > How about they find something like this:
> >
> > 	http://www.tesales.com/monspec2.htm
> >
> > and send it to Hellmuth ?
>
> Or better yet, somebody should give him ssh access to a machine
> that's connected to a real ISDN line and has a Teles card in it...
> With $499 PC's for sale, that'd probably be cheaper :-)

Take volume IP internet access charges and telephone costs ("hey,
please write down the panic output and press reset ....") into
account and you'll end up with something horrible expensive
for that solution - phk's idea is much cheaper, easier and faster
(also, such a device is just needed for the development time, after
 that it may go back to where it came from. Debugging should be
 no problem with that $499 setup).

Not to talk about that the one in the US will probably not pick up
his phone anymore after 10 such calls at 3 o'clock in the morning
US time.

Having written, bootstrapped and debugged the i4b stack, i am quite
shure that developing a US stack remotely with such a setup makes
no sense at all (for me).

Either the stack moves to Hamburg or Hamburg moves to the stack
(or - even better - nothing moves and someone from the US does it).

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...