Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 03:45:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RAID Planning

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning the building and setup of a series of new
servers which we want to have disk redundancy via RAID. I was wondering if
anyone could share their experiences regarding using Mylex external
SCSI-to-SCSI RAID solutions with FreeBSD-STABLE. I'm considering either
taking that route or sticking with what we have now, which is DPT cards.

Also, is anyone aware of any papers/discussions detailing the benefits and
disadvantages of SCSI-to-SCSI RAID vs. normal RAID (i.e., RAID card sits
in the computer's card slots).

Thanks for help,

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>