Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 12:02:55 +1100 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   sockets stuck in "CLOSING" state: 3.2-RELEASE

Hi all,

I posted a message about this a while ago but I never received a response.

I am still having problems with TCP sockets getting stuck in the "CLOSING"
state. The machine is now up to 57 such sockets, and this number keeps
rising since they never seem to die off. This machine's main function is
proxying (Squid).

My 2.x machine also running Squid has *zero* sockets stuck in the CLOSING
state! Both are running the same version of Squid.

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this behaviour, particularly only
on a 3.x machine... before I upgraded the problem server from
2.2.5-RELEASE to 3.2-RELEASE I'd never seen this problem.

Any suggestions (apart from "reboot it" ;-) ) or experiences appreciated.

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe                              http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/
Sensation Internet Services                    http://www.sensation.net.au/