Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 17:12:34 -0700
From:      "Gianluca Torta" <gianluca.torta@gte.net>
To:        "Nate Williams" <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   R: Undefined symbol gmtime_r with jdk1.1.8

first of all thanks for the reply Nate.
I'm brand new to jdk, and unfortunately not yet an expert of FreeBSD too, so
I may have misinterpreted the error. here's exactly what I get when I run,
for example, jar:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/lib/i386/green_threads/libjava.so: Undefined symbol
"gmtime_r"

I cleaned my LD_LIBRARY_PATH of jdk info as you suggested, but this doesn't
change the behavior.
moreover, I added echo statments in .java-wrapper to display the
(script-set) CLASSPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH just before calling the binary,
and the jdk directories have been added correctly by the script.

any further suggestion would be much appreciated!
thanks
Gianluca