Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 11:57:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kim Culhan <fbsd@kim.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   icecast with liveice will not stream

Greetings-

Have icecast running on 3.3-STABLE with liveice feeding a live stream
using the lame mp3 encoder.

All this appears to be working now until I connect to the
icecast server from a Windoze machine running winamp.

The client connects and it puts up a box indicating it is
'Prebuffering 16321/26214 bytes (62%)' then the stream hangs and the
icecast server eventually kicks off the client, showing 'Too many errors'
This after having transferred ~64k to ~75k bytes over ~45 seconds time.

I don't have another freebsd machine with enough power to try it
as a client.

The above combination appears to be able to run for a long while without
crashing, this was a problem described on some of the non-OS specific
icecast/liveice message sites.

Too bad this 'inability to stream' problem hasn't been seen in the
same places..

Any suggestions on a direction to take debugging wise is very greatly
appreciated.

regards
kim

--