Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:30:01 +0100
From:      Homer at BT Labs <ispyropo@jungle.bt.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   About Cyclom-Ye SM8 Board on FreeBSD3.2

Hello!
 My name is Yiannis Spyropoulos and I 'm working at BT Labs, Martlesham
Heath
England. Part of my present project is to use a Cyclom-Ye SM8 Serial
Ports Board
on a FreeBSD3.2 machine. To do so,  I found out at the LINT
configuration file that
FreeBSD 3.2 supports this kind of board by enabling the 'device cy0'
line and creating the devices ttyc0 and cuac0 under the /dev directory.
However, after compiling and installing the new kernel, I rebooted the
machine,  only to discover that the booting sequence stalled after  the
hardware probing. Do you know if it is a drivers' bug, or it is
something I'm doing wrong?
I would appreciate your help very much,

Yiannis