Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:43:20 PST
From:      "N. N.M" <madrapour@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Small Servers - ICMP Redirect

Hi,

I have two security-related questions:

1) Might it be any problem in connectivity and services, if I block all
traffic to (TCP/UDP) Small servers like echo, chargen, .... on firewall?

2) About ICMP redirect messages, as I learned they could be used to make
our network disconnected and somthing. What's the way to prevent this
kind of attack? Does blocking this kind of ICMP on firewall and routers
cause any problem in connectivity and system behavior?

Thanks in advance,
Nazila N.