Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 14:15:51 +0100
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: German FreeBSD and advocacy

Also sprach Olaf Hoyer (ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de):

[moved to -chat]

> for years on it. If someone could recommend a product like Eudora Pro for
> FreeBSD, I'd be happy ;-)  )

Mutt, it's really great.
I used Eudora earlier, too, but mutt (including procmail as filter) is
better :-)

> and contributing to the documentation (translating/working on handbook and
> howtos, perhaps a pile/booklet of manpages came to my mind), as my spare
> time will allow.

Please take a look at
http://www.de.freebsd.org/de/
for futher information, how you contribute to German parts.
Help is really needed, and we are looking forward for every help :-)
you can also write to
de-bsd-translators@de.freebsd.org (subscribe to it via
majordomo@de.freebsd.org)

> I'll be happy about any thoughts and input, especially regarding
> licensing/legal issues, esp. regarding copying/distribution of CD sets.

Linux took its time to get this attention, too.
As a bookseller (word? :-), you can't just buy some FreeBSD CD's and
them have them lie around.

Alex