Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:34:59 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   scalable logo

version of beastie.  You can download it from
  http://theory1.physics.iisc.ernet.in/rsidd/daemon.eps
Also available:
  http://theory1.physics.iisc.ernet.in/rsidd/daemon.sk
    (Sketch file)
  http://theory1.physics.iisc.ernet.in/rsidd/daemon.png
    (PNG, very large image)
  http://theory1.physics.iisc.ernet.in/rsidd/daemonsmall.png
    (PNG, much smaller image)
If anyone takes the sketch version and develops it further, please
let me know.  (And if you don't know what it is, see
/usr/ports/graphics/sketch and http://sketch.sourceforge.net --
it's been a lifesaver to me recently for making figures.)  Also,
I haven't put in any copyright information or anything like that,
if you use it in any way it's up to you to do whatever's necessary
(see http://www.mckusick.com/beastie).

I already mailed -advocacy. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the
httpd logs.  The downloads so far came from 49 unique IP addresses; and
the OS breakup on these is
  28 -- Windows of some kind
  15 -- FreeBSD
   4 -- Linux
   1 -- SunOS
   1 -- Wget, unknown platform
I'm a bit surprised at the number of windows machines among freebsd
advocacy list subscribers -- is it still *that* difficult to avoid
windows in the "real world"?

Rahul.