Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 2000 12:06:02 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, Matt Rudderham <matt@researcher.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD?

[probably this is appropriate to -chat]

On 10/7/00, 6:50:27 PM, rob <europax@home.com> wrote regarding Re:=20
Installing FreeBSD?:

> I had to give cylinder numbers with OpenBSD.  I sat there with a
> calculator turning cylinders and sectors into Mb, but it gives you=20
lots
> of time for really thinking about your partitioning :)    Rob

I had problems to install OpenBSD across 2 disks on my three HDs=20
workstation. I *had* to specify "head 1" in order to succeed. I seem=20
to understand that the OpenBSD-2.7 installer misinterprets disk=20
geometries, especially when dealing with complex layouts (eg 3 HDs and=20
a bunch of slices already present on the disks).

Best regards,
Salvo