Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:09:37 -0400
From:      Andreas Schweitzer <andy@physast.uga.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Distributed parallel filesystem ?

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a parallel filesytem for FreeBSD. Is there such
a thing ? I couldn't find anything.

I am thinking of something like IBM's gpfs or one of the
projects like gfs (http://www.globalfilesystem.org) or
pvfs (http://www.parl.clemson.edu/pvfs/). gfs seemed to have
FreeBSD support. Does anybody know anything about it ?

I.e. I have a cluster and want to spread a filesystem and
especially the (large) files in that filesystem over all nodes.

Coda seems to keep single files on a single machine (besides the
filesize limitations).

Thanks !

Cheers
Andreas

--
Department of Physics & Astronomy  and  Center for Simulational Physics
University of Georgia                          Phone ++1 (706) 542 5043