Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:54:16 -0500
From:      Dwight Tuinstra <tuinstra@clarkson.edu>
To:        andre@netvision.com.br, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LFS

André Luiz dos Santos wrote:

>   Hi...
>
>  Is there anybody working on porting LFS to freebsd? Have anybody here had
> problems with it?
>
> Thanks!

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-fs" in the body of the message

I am contemplating setting up an effort to do this, beginning
sometime in the next academic semester.  I asked a similar
question a few months ago in this list; there were a number
of positive responses.  If you search the archives for "LFS"
you should find them.

Perhaps now is the time to begin discussion/planning of a
porting effort, so that work can begin in earnest in the
new year.  I'm inclined to do more than a simple port.
The LFS code has a lot of entropy in it, as well as some
design/implementation decisions that make it difficult to
modify the code in the direction my research will go.
I'm in favor of a redesign/refactoring, with portability
and modifiability among the primary goals.

Is anyone out there willing to set up a mailing list for
a FreeBSD LFS effort?

  --Dwight Tuinstra
    tuinstra@clarkson.edu